Total Pageviews

Tuesday 30 June 2015

A Doctor Every Woman Need to Meet In Her Entire Life

A Women’s Healthcare

Women’s healthcare needs change a great deal at different stages of their lives. Because of this, women often see a number of different types of doctors for care. Some women even see multiple types of doctors for primary care. Others focus on gynecologic care and don’t see a doctor for anything else.


It’s a good idea to come prepared with questions about your health needs when you visit your doctor. The questions you ask will depend on the type of care you are going to receive.


Visiting a Primary Care Physician

A primary care provider, or PCP, is the main doctor many women see. PCPs are also known as general practitioners or family practice physicians. This doctor treats common illnesses such as colds and minor infections. They can also serve as a home base for your medical care. Your PCP can also collect all your data in one place for future reference.


Questions you might ask your PCP include: 
  • What can I do to improve my overall health? 
  • Am I at high risk for any chronic diseases? 
  • What screening tests do I need this year? 
  • What tests will I need next year? 
  • Should I get a flu shot or other vaccination? 
  • Are antibiotics necessary to treat this infection? 


Visiting the Gynecologist

A gynecologist is a doctor specializing in the female reproductive organs. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) recommends that a girl make her first visit to a gynecologist when she is between the ages of 13 and 15. Women should visit once a year, or as needed, after that.


Your gynecologist will perform a Cervical smear and pelvic examination, as well as other needed tests.


Questions you might ask your gynecologist include: 
  • How often do I need a Cervical smear? 
  • Do I need a pelvic exam every visit? 
  • What type of birth control would work best for me? 
  • What STDs should I be screened for? 
  • I have severe pain during my period. Can you help? 
  • I’ve started spotting between periods. What does that mean? 

Visiting an Obstetrician

An obstetrician is a doctor specializing in pregnancy and childbirth. Most obstetricians are also gynecologists. However, some obstetricians work only with pregnant patients.


Your obstetrician will guide you through the entire process of pregnancy. This doctor will also help you manage any pregnancy complications.



Some questions you might consider asking your obstetrician include: 
  • When should I start taking prenatal vitamins? 
  • How often do I need prenatal care? 
  • Am I having a high-risk pregnancy? 
  • How much weight should I gain during pregnancy? 
  • What shouldn’t I eat during pregnancy? 
  • Should I schedule my labor? 
  • Should I have a vaginal birth or C-section? 
  • Can I have a vaginal birth after a C-section? 
  • Should I consider using a birthing center for my delivery? 



Visiting a Dermatologist

A dermatologist is a doctor who specializes in treating skin conditions. Dermatologists also treat conditions relating to hair and nails. A dermatologist can help women manage conditions like: 
  • acne 
  • eczema 
  • rosacea 
  • psoriasis 
  • aging of the skin 

A dermatologist can also conduct a full-body skin check of moles. This is done to identify the early warning signs of skin melanoma.

Questions you might ask your dermatologist include: 
  • What changes should I look for in my skin? 
  • Are there any moles I have to worry about? 
  • I get frequent skin rashes; how can I stop them? 
  • My skin is flaky. Can that be helped? 
  • How often do I need to get a mole checked? 
  • What is the best treatment for my skin condition? 

Visiting the Dentist

Dentists take care of your teeth and provide any needed oral health care. You should visit your dentist for a cleaning every six months. You should get a checkup once a year.


Questions you might ask your dentist include: 
  • Should I be getting cleanings more often? 
  • What can I do to improve my dental health? 
  • Do you screen patients for oral cancer or oral HPV? 
  • Should I get screened for oral cancer? 
  • Should I use teeth whiteners? 
  • Is there any way to get protection from cavities?

For more health info and promotions, please follow us on Facebook- Wellness Lab
Download Wellness Lab Mobile App now for more promotions 
If you like this article, you can share this to your friends and families , together we share the health information and the taste of a healthy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment